I often receive inquiries regarding how to design and deploy effective e-mail campaigns. I’d like to help. I have three thoughts I’d like to share with you on this topic. First, you can review my previous posts on the subject by reading through the Lead Generation category of my blog. Second, sign up for my free e-book 34 Ways to Improve Your E-Mail. Finally, follow my top eight tips below to help you increase your delivery rate.
- Keep your e-mail short, which makes it appear more powerful while also making the e-mail more deliverable.
- Write a subject line that fulfills a benefit to your target audience.
- Sign the e-mail with a valid e-mail address.
- ALL CAPS IS A REAL NO-NO, as it’s usually flagged as spam.
- Words like FREE, for only, bonus, no-investment, and so on are what I call “spammy” words that can affect your delivery rate.
- Add color to your links. And, make sure your link to is to a valid location.
- Use title links as an alternative to “click here.”
We all know the more e-mails you can deliver, the better the results. By following these eight tips (and reading my e-book 34 Ways to Improve Your E-mail), you’ll significantly increase your e-mail delivery rate. Feel free to share what you have learned that works to increase the delivery rate of your e-mails as well.