Each of us has lead generation goals. Digital marketing tactics, pay-per-click, SEO, e-mail, and affiliate and digital advertising drive traffic to the company website. Google analytics (and other analytic tools) help us determine what is working. But, what do you do when things are not working? Do you really have the right plan in place to meet your goals? Here are some tips that will help you focus and ensure that you are putting your efforts into the best plan to produce the highest return.
1. Use a traffic and lead generation calculator
Hubspot.com has a pretty good traffic and lead generation calculator you can check out. It’s an Excel based tool that will help you estimate how much web traffic you’ll need to meet your lead generation goals. Or just follow these steps:
- How many units do you plan to sell each month?
- Translate that into a monthly revenue goal.
- What is the average revenue per unit sold?
- How many leads do you need to meet the monthly units sold goal?
- How many monthly visitors do you need to meet the lead goal?
2. Set up a dashboard to track results
If you are not using marketing automation to track your marketing campaigns, set up your own dashboard to track results. Key performance analytics like traffic source, behavior, clicks, opens, conversion, and cost per campaign should be captured and tracked over time.
3. Track results by call-to-action
Track individual call-to-action and content campaigns by traffic and lead conversion. Focus on what is working best and work to design new campaigns using the most productive content.
4. Design an idea generator and call-to-action calendar
Using analytics, identify what is working best. Then brainstorm related content idea that could generate similar results. Finally, create a call-to-action calendar to schedule content tests and use your dashboard to help track success.
By being proactive and implementing these four tactics, your lead gen strategy should continue to thrive and deliver results. As with anything, the best plan delivers the best results.