Salesforce Research conducted its third annual State of Marketing research report. They surveyed nearly 4,000 marketers from around the world to discover what high-performing marketing teams are doing to stay ahead; key insights on primary marketing channels including e-mail, mobile, social, and digital advertising; and industry shifts that are changing the role of marketing today such as an increased focus on customer experience.
Marketing has entered the age of the customer, where customers have more information, choices, and power than ever before. The customer experience (all the interactions they have with you) is increasingly important. In fact, customer satisfaction is the number one success metric for marketers today.
Here are some of the highlights of the report:
- 80% of marketers agree that e-mail is core to their business
- 73% of top marketers say a customer journey strategy has positively impacted overall customer engagement
- 72% of top marketing teams will increase spending on marketing tools and tech in the next two years
- Marketers’ use of SMS has grown by 111% from 2015 to 2016
- 75% of marketing leaders report that social is generating ROI
- 83% of top teams use customer data (such as e-mail or phone) to segment or target digital ads
This report brings the statistics to support what I have been saying for some time. According to 80% of their respondents, e-mail works! And, content must be created that speaks to your prospects where they are in the buying process. Visit the Salesforce website if you’d like to purchase the full report.
What is your reaction to these statistics? Let us know!