We send out hundreds of thousands of e-mails. The one thing that we’ve learned is that we are always learning. We like that. So, to ensure we keep learning, we do lots of testing. Because we do lots of testing, we can confidently share with you the following five things that we have learned about how to get more people to open your e-mails.
- Using the words “Sale,” “Video,” or “New” increases open rates.
- The word “Alert” more than doubles your open rates.
- Open rates increase about 10% with the word “Free.”
- E-mails with no subject line jump almost 8%.
- Using the word “Tomorrow” boosts open rates over 12%.
As you can see, you can learn a lot from testing. Nothing beats it. That’s why we always recommend that you set up tests (A/B testing is best) to learn what subject lines work best for you.