- Too Much Flash – Not only do iPhone and iPads not support flash, but also search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo can’t read it. This means flash is hurting your search engine optimization (SEO).
- Your Search Engine Rankings Stink – Most online experiences start with search engines. Make sure you are designing your site with SEO in mind. If your website was not written with current SEO trends and ever changing algorithms, it might be time for an update.
- Your Prospects Are Not Converting – You should be tracking the percentage of visitors to prospects conversions. And, if you are not happy with the number of leads you are generating, it might be because you are not offering valuable content in exchange for contact information. Your redesign can help address this.
- Your Site Looks Like It Was Designed In 1993 – Business evolves and so should your website. Make sure your website design is consistent with your brand image.
- Content Changes Are Difficult. – The ability to make changes on your website has changed significantly. It should be easy to make design and content changes. If this process is labor intensive, it’s time to research a faster, easier, and overall better content management system.
- It Doesn’t View Well On An iPad and Mobile – If you are working on a website facelift, make sure that it is a responsive re-design. The percentage of online experiences on mobile is increasing fast, so your site needs to keep up with this trend.
- Your Message Has Changed – As mentioned on number four above, if your message has evolved, you should make sure that the content on your website communicates your brand’s new story.