As consumers we all have a growing level of sophistication, expectations, and control when it comes to making a decision to buy. As a business, if you aren’t keenly attuned to what makes your customers decide to buy, you’re dead in the water.
I recently came across this graphic by Big Commerce that talks to my point. They focus on e-commerce shops. But, if you look at the big picture, their stats apply to all businesses. The numbers perfectly illustrate the strength of and necessity for customized online marketing and readily available resources to compete for customers.
The Lucky 7
Here are the important numbers we should all be focusing on:
1. The most important store feature driving purchasing decision (80%) is competitive pricing.
2. 90 percent of consumers watch videos about tech products before they buy.
3. 81% of consumers are influenced to buy because of their friends’ posts on social media.
4. Product quality is thetop factor (56%) driving purchasing decision.
5. 62% of shoppers research big-ticket items in-store before buying online.
6. 54% of consumers own a smartphone, and 76% of them use their phone while shopping to help make buying decisions.
7. 44% of consumers are most likely to engage with branded content that contains pictures; video content is close behind at 40%.